Author Topic: Inflation, global 'sustainability' push a potential death sentence for US Agriculture, farmers warn  (Read 430 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation, global 'sustainability' push a potential death sentence for US Agriculture, farmers warn
Virginia farmer John Boyd Jr. and Texas rancher Shad Sullivan warn of a potential food crisis on 'The Ingraham Angle'
By Charles Creitz Fox News
Published March 2, 2024 5:00pm EST

American liberals who join their global counterparts in applauding the acclaim of "sustainability," among other interests, are ignoring the damage their policies are already wreaking on U.S. agriculture, farmers told Fox News.

While nationwide organizations like the FFA are going strong and statewide affairs like the annual Pennsylvania Farm Show and Iowa State Fair continue to draw exhibitors and guests alike, beneath the surface are troubling signs, two guests on  "The Ingraham Angle" warned this week.

Globalist "green" policies as well as inflation and rising costs have led to thinner herds, and in some instances, foreclosure or shuttering of farms altogether, bringing with them a potential domestic food crisis, they said.

"Farmers are going out of business every day," said John Boyd Jr., founder of the Black Farmers of America.

"What's happening is America's beef cattle producers are depleting their herds. So they're not having more calves so they can multiply."

Boyd said there has been a one billion pound decrease in U.S. beef production over the past year, warning it is an impending crisis that every American could discover one day at their grocer or butcher.

He noted the feds are keen on financially aiding farmers abroad, particularly in war-torn Ukraine, but have done little to help American agriculture.

"We have farmers facing foreclosure. And the USDA will not stop farm foreclosures in this country for direct loans, guaranteed loans and other agricultural lenders," he said.

"And I've made that request on your network many times," added Boyd, who previously but unsuccessfully dipped his toe in the political waters himself in 2000, when he faced off as a Democrat against then-Rep. Virgil Goode, I-Va.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/inflation-sustainability-globalism-potential-death-sentence-us-ag-farmers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

This is concerning and really downright frightening.  What will we do without our ranchers and farmers??  No worries, Gates owns the most farmland in the country. 

What if anything can be done to circumvent what is happening???

A billion pound decrease in U.S. beef production is pretty darn severe. Is there even a chance of recovery somehow??

I couldn't help but note in the article the mention of helping farmer abroad; particularly in Ukraine.  Evil Joe & cronies must be making a boat load of money!   888mouth
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:39:21 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

This is concerning and really downright frightening.  What will we do without our ranchers and farmers??  No worries, Gates owns the most farmland in the country.  888mouth

Implementing something like the Holodomor against Americans has greater risks for the government because Americans are armed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

"And I've made that request on your network many times," added Boyd, who previously but unsuccessfully dipped his toe in the political waters himself in 2000, when he faced off as a Democrat against then-Rep. Virgil Goode, I-Va.

Virgil Goode was on your side.  Not sure why you chose to run against him.  Also not sure why you continue to support the Party that has been screwing you over for the last 80+ years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-