Author Topic: Super Tuesday Live Thread  (Read 5213 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Super Tuesday Live Thread
« on: March 02, 2024, 05:58:30 pm »
For us political junkies, outside the November general elections, the most exciting date are the Super Tuesday Primaries.......

A lot at stake this Tuesday, and on the agenda are these states:

Alabama
Alaska - (Republican primary)
American Samoa - (Democratic caucus)
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Iowa - (Democratic primary)
Maine
Massachusetts
Minnesota
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia

I think everyone agrees that the it is a far gone conclusion that outside some sleazy dim shell game, that November race will be Trump v. Biden.  So the drama will be minimal in the big picture, but there are some side stories and numbers to watch Tuesday that are important to the narrative.

1.  Overall democratic turnout- If these numbers are low, they will either be inidicative of strong Haley cross over, or a litumus test of tepid support  for Biden.  This will be guaged by the dnc to determine whether the GOTV may be too daunting this year, and a factor of whether dnc might want to switch horses at or just before the convention.

2. Haley Support-  Remains to be seen if Haley even has a chance to break 40% in any of the 15 states.  VT, and VA,  are her best chances.  But I give her zero chance of winning any primary beside DC.  Question wil be Wednesday, how does she exit with any shred of dignity or political Capital left.

3. MAGA factor- Lots and lots of Senate and House races that will be a barometer of Trump's influence.

4. Watch issue exit polling closely, and the percentage spread of how the voting populus views the border crisis.   Laken Riley's death will be fresh on the voter's mind, and there is a good chance her name may be a rallying cry for angry anti-Biden sentiment.

It's going to be interesting, and a pivitol date for the direction this thing takes.

Polls?

Like them, or hate them.  It's all we got for macro-trending.  I've taken the most recent poll, that are from varying pollsters.  Just for info only (Source-RCP, and specific pollster):

VA- Trump +8
CA- Trump +58
MI- Trump-+52
ME Trump- +42
VT- Trump +30
NY- Trump- +40
TX- Trump- +71
GA- Trump- +66
FL- Trump- +71
AZ- Trump-+52
IL- Trump +58
OH- Trump- +67
WI- Trump +42
AL- Trump- +75
OK- Trump- +77
TN- Trump- +70
MA- Trump- +41
MN- Trump- +62
NH- Trump +22

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:25:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Super Tuesday Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 07:30:47 pm »
Anyone voting today? Turnout?  Moods?  Late breaking news?

We've been blessed / cursed with one of the most closely watched local races in the country in my corner of SE Texas.  The Phelan v. Covey race for state representative, has brought out all the guns.  But behind the scenes this is an epic struggle between the MAGA and conventional GOP forces.  And the center of that fight is Paxton v. Phelan  There is a civil war within the GOP, and tonights results will say a lot.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:54:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 07:42:12 pm »

We've been blessed / cursed with one of the most closely watched local races in the country in my corner of SE Texas.  The Phelan v. Covey race for state representative, has brought out all the guns.  But behind the scenes this is an epic struggle between the MAGA and conventional GOP forces.  And the center of that fight is Paxton v. Covey  There is a civil war within the GOP, and tonights results will say a lot.

Thanks for the information.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 07:42:38 pm »
I mailed in my Republican ballot.  My wife had me put her sealed Dem mail-in ballot in the mail-in drop-off box outside Town Hall.  (Ours is a mixed marriage.)

I haven't been to our town in-person voting place.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 07:49:45 pm »
Il isn't in the Super Tues group...our primary is March 12th and I already sent in my ballot.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 07:51:15 pm »

We've been blessed / cursed with one of the most closely watched local races in the country in my corner of SE Texas.  The Phelan v. Covey race for state representative, has brought out all the guns.  But behind the scenes this is an epic struggle between the MAGA and conventional GOP forces.  And the center of that fight is Paxton v. Covey  There is a civil war within the GOP, and tonights results will say a lot.

Paxton vs Covey??? Where did you see that? I'm sure you meant to say Paxton v Phelan. @catfish1957
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 07:53:28 pm »
Il isn't in the Super Tues group...our primary is March 12th and I already sent in my ballot.

:beer:

Now is there any way y'all can dump Pritzker, Duckworth, and Durbin? 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 07:54:21 pm »
Paxton vs Covey??? Where did you see that? I'm sure you meant to say Paxton v Phelan. @catfish1957

Oops, my bad, I'll correct.  Sorry, posting as almost drunk as Phelan :cool:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 07:55:56 pm by catfish1957 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 07:54:44 pm »
Idaho held their caucus a couple of days ago. 84% Trump. 13% Haley. Only a 7% turnout of registered R voters  40,000 out of 579,000.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 07:57:33 pm »
Idaho held their caucus a couple of days ago. 84% Trump. 13% Haley. Only a 7% turnout of registered R voters  40,000 out of 579,000.

7%?  Weather?  That seems low under any circumstance.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 07:58:00 pm »
:beer:

Now is there any way y'all can dump Pritzker, Duckworth, and Durbin?

The only way is to keep Cook County from voting :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 08:04:58 pm »
7%?  Weather?  That seems low under any circumstance.

Weather may have played a role here in SE Idaho. We got a foot of new snow on Friday and Saturday. I haven't seen much enthusiasm around in any case. Turnout for the 2020 was only about 26%, but 73% for the general.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 08:09:08 pm »
The only way is to keep Cook County from voting :crying:

:yowsa: pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 08:12:30 pm »
The only way is to keep Cook Counties Dead from voting :crying:

Fixed it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 08:14:42 pm »
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2024, 08:22:55 pm »
LOL...yep

Cook county digs deep to get every vote posible.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2024, 08:32:19 pm »
Cook county digs deep to get every vote possible.

At least six feet for sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2024, 08:36:05 pm »
Cook county digs deep to get every vote possible.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 09:34:25 pm »

We've been blessed / cursed with one of the most closely watched local races in the country in my corner of SE Texas.  The Phelan v. Covey race for state representative, has brought out all the guns.  But behind the scenes this is an epic struggle between the MAGA and conventional GOP forces.  And the center of that fight is Paxton v. Phelan  There is a civil war within the GOP, and tonights results will say a lot.

Thanks for the info, I've got something to pay attention to tonite! What time do the polls close?
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2024, 09:42:06 pm »
Thanks for the info, I've got something to pay attention to tonite! What time do the polls close?

7PM Central

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 10:26:25 pm »

I voted this morning. I'm in a pretty small county. But even so, it seemed like the turn out was low. And the weather was/is gorgeous. I read in the local newspaper that early voting was lower than usual. Everybody's mood seemed great and no news to report.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 10:48:55 pm »

You have to be in line before 7pm to vote.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2024, 10:49:58 pm »
I voted last week and there was no line.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2024, 11:17:02 pm »
Yeah, I voted today...down ticket, aside from the fact that I was repeatedly told Trump didn't need my non worshiping vote(and he didn't for the primary, that's true) my vote for senator(as if it mattered in Californication, I just don't see Garvey winning now matter how much i wish he would) is much more important :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 11:21:42 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: