Author Topic: Map Shows How Much Undocumented Immigrants Cost in Each State  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Map Shows How Much Undocumented Immigrants Cost in Each State
Published Feb 09, 2024 at 2:42 PM EST

Record numbers in illegal immigration have resulted in United States taxpayers bearing the burden of tens of billions of dollars going toward paying for migrants and their families.

The federal government is at a political standstill following Senate Republicans' rebuke of a $118 southern border bill claimed by advocates to be among the most comprehensive immigration reform in four decades. The bill included emergency powers for the federal government to deter migrants in large numbers, changes in asylum laws in addition to tens of billions in foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

Conservative critics singled out a particular provision requiring the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to shut down the U.S. border only if migrant crossings exceeded a 5,000 daily average in a given week, deemed by House Speaker Mike Johnson to be a non-starter in his conference. Former President Donald Trump, the front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination, also expressed opposition.

https://www.newsweek.com/map-shows-how-much-undocumented-immigrants-cost-each-state-1868673
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Re: Map Shows How Much Undocumented Immigrants Cost in Each State
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 06:10:08 pm »
The only costs that should be incurred are the cost of arrest, trial, incarceration, and finally deportation.  Six months for first offense.  Two years for repeat offense.  That's the law.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Map Shows How Much Undocumented Immigrants Cost in Each State
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 06:38:28 pm »
For the cost of a one-way bus ticket, Texas can export its migrant costs to other states.

Keep sending those migrant buses up North.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.