Author Topic: Berkeley Administrators Have Offered No Apology to Israeli Speaker Accosted by Anti-Semitic Mob  (Read 251 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Berkeley Administrators Have Offered No Apology to Israeli Speaker Accosted by Anti-Semitic Mob

Susannah Luthi
March 1, 2024

University of California, Berkeley, administrators have offered no apology to Israeli lawyer Ran Bar-Yoshafat, whose speech to a campus Jewish group was abruptly canceled by the university after violent protesters choked a female student attendee, spit in another attendee's face, and broke into the auditorium where Bar-Yoshafat waited onstage.

"I've had no apology," Bar-Yoshafat told the Washington Free Beacon. "No one from Berkeley has contacted me since, or tried to contact me, even."

Only about 10 to 12 student attendees had been able to make it into the university venue where Bar-Yoshafat had been moved for the third time when violent protesters broke down the doors and university police abruptly declared that the event would be shut down. Following this announcement, Bar-Yoshafat said, an unidentified staffer told him that he would have to leave. The staffer and security guards then showed him and his wife down a backstage corridor so that they could leave without having to navigate the violent protesters.

https://freebeacon.com/campus/berkeley-administrators-have-offered-no-apology-to-israeli-speaker-accosted-by-anti-semitic-mob/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

"I've had no apology," Bar-Yoshafat told the Washington Free Beacon. "No one from Berkeley has contacted me since, or tried to contact me, even."

Get in line.  The likes of Ben Shapiro, Ann Coulter, Matt Walsh, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc. are far ahead of you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, Berkley University stands for terrorism, hate, and assualt and battery against those who exercise diversity of thought?  How liberal.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.