Author Topic: City slashing employees’ hours in order to support migrants  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

City slashing employees’ hours in order to support migrants
© Provided by State Of The Union

The city of Denver announced plans to cut funding from its Parks and Recreation department by $4.3 million in order to reallocate resources towards dealing with an influx of migrants.

“The City of Denver is trying to avoid the word ‘layoffs’ when it comes to impending budget cuts. So instead, they’re telling some hourly on-call employees they may have their hours reduced to zero,” according to a 9News report.

This will result in reduced work hours or no hours for some on-call city employees, such as lifeguards, coaches and front desk workers.

While not officially termed layoffs, some on-call employees’ hours may be reduced to zero.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/city-slashing-employees-hours-in-order-to-support-migrants/ar-BB1jbqjJ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=72bbf98000d442859a3639c9635b0010&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: City slashing employees’ hours in order to support migrants
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 06:17:47 pm »
Please read the whole article.

It's worse than the headline suggests.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/denver-government-may-furlough-its-american-staff-to-put-illegals-on-its-payroll
Denver Government May Furlough American Staff To Put Illegals On Its Payroll
City employing all-of-government effort aimed at finding work for illegal immigrants, emails indicate
By Luke Rosiak Feb 28, 2024 DailyWire.com

...A spokeswoman for Denver mayor Mike Johnston told The Daily Wire that the budget crisis was caused by illegal immigrants being unable to work, causing them to be a drain on taxpayer dollars. The idea was to solve that by having them work directly for the city, she said. She said that a full-time salary funded by taxpayers was “not necessarily” more costly than social services.

She said the city has considered the plan but at the moment is not pursuing it because it is high-risk, since it is likely illegal.

But U.S. Sen. John Hickenlooper (D-CO) earlier this month encouraged local governments to disregard federal law, suggesting that cities should at a minimum begin issuing their own quasi-work permits to illegal immigrants that would allow the to work for various employers. ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.