Author Topic: Navy's Push for Blended Training Picks Up Steam  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy's Push for Blended Training Picks Up Steam
« on: March 02, 2024, 02:13:01 pm »
Navy's Push for Blended Training Picks Up Steam
3/1/2024

ORLANDO, Florida — While using a blend of live, virtual and constructive techniques to prepare warfighters for battle is not new, Navy officials have said the sea service has lagged implementing the concept. However, that appears to be changing.

In 2017, the Navy completed 917 manhours of live-virtual-constructive training. In 2023, that jumped to 60,000 hours, Capt. Sean Anderson, commanding officer of the Navy’s Tactical Training Group Atlantic, said during a panel at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference.

Such training might have real sailors operating actual ships, while F-35C Lightning II pilots sit in high-fidelity simulators. Both the sailors and the pilots might see enemy aircraft or drones approaching on their radar screen, but they are computer generated — the constructive part.

While the use of live, virtual and constructive training is growing in the Navy, there are still many areas in which it must be implemented effectively, Anderson said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/3/1/navys-push-for-blended-training-picks-up-steam
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Navy's Push for Blended Training Picks Up Steam
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:57:18 pm »
What about the US Navy's "red-headed step-children,the USMC"?

Might  not be so high-tech,but the infantry is where "the rubber meets the road",so let's give a shout out to the jarheads. These guys NEVER seem to get the credit they deserve.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!