Author Topic: Lindsey Graham wades into MAGA wing of GOP as Ukraine aid stalls  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham wades into MAGA wing of GOP as Ukraine aid stalls
By
Emily Jacobs
March 2, 2024 8:00 am

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) shocked his colleagues and onlookers alike when he voted against the defense supplemental security bill in February.

The decision was a major reversal for Graham, who had spent months working with a bipartisan coalition to get a package aiding Israel, Ukraine, Taiwan, and the U.S. southern border to the Senate floor. He was an adviser in the bipartisan border security talks for the GOP side before that deal fell apart, eventually becoming an opponent of the bill for lacking a border component.

Despite making multiple process arguments against the supplemental package itself, Graham was viewed before last month’s vote as one of the Republican Party’s staunchest supporters of U.S. involvement in Ukraine’s fight against Russia’s military invasion. He visited Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv last May and slammed the Biden administration for not doing enough to help Ukraine win.

But in addition to voting against the package, Graham announced at the time that he would be skipping the annual Munich Security Conference, a mainstay for defense hawks.

“For me to be able to convince people in South Carolina to continue to support conflicts overseas, I have to prove to them I get it when they tell me, ‘What about their own country,” Graham said last month. “So I’m not going to Munich, I’m going to the southern border.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/2899839/lindsey-graham-maga-wing-republican-party-ukraine-aid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Lindsey Graham wades into MAGA wing of GOP as Ukraine aid stalls
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 03:32:09 pm »
 :pondering: Lindsey must have figured it was time to swish his skirt to the right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Lindsey Graham wades into MAGA wing of GOP as Ukraine aid stalls
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 06:31:03 pm »
That's the problem with  being in "the closet". You are no longer a free man.

Maybe I am wrong,but I honestly don't give a squat about him being bi-sexual/homo-sexual as long as  his partners are adults operating under their own free will.

As it is now,probably the most intellectual true conservative is being played on a string like someone's little bitch.

AND.....,go ahead and flame me if you want. If you are that freaking retarded,what you think makes no difference to be anyhow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!