Author Topic: Venezuelan asylum-seekers charged with migrant smuggling  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Venezuelan asylum-seekers charged with migrant smuggling
« on: March 02, 2024, 01:21:21 pm »
Venezuelan asylum-seekers charged with migrant smuggling
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 / 03:38 PM CST

Updated: Mar 1, 2024 / 03:38 PM CST

Driver says smugglers recruited him at refuge after release by CBP; companion admits to transporting unauthorized migrants before

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two Venezuelan nationals who allegedly turned to migrant smuggling while waiting for their asylum hearing in U.S. immigration court are facing federal criminal charges.

A grand jury in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas on Wednesday charged Nelson Blanco Garcia and Kristian Garcia Fuentes with counts of conspiracy and transportation of illegal aliens.

The charges stem from a Jan. 26 arrest resulting from collaboration between the U.S. Border Patrol and the Army National Guard soldiers operating remote surveillance systems at the border.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/venezuelan-asylum-seekers-charged-with-migrant-smuggling/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson