Author Topic: Public schools buckle under the strain of the migrant crisis  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Public schools buckle under the strain of the migrant crisis
« on: March 02, 2024, 01:17:42 pm »

17h
Public schools buckle under the strain of the migrant crisis
©Anadolu via Getty Images

Public schools are buckling under the strain of unchecked migration, with last year's 146,000 child arrivals alone jacking up education costs by more than $2 billion nationwide, researchers warn. Lindsey Burke and others at the conservative Heritage Foundation say the arrival of children — some unaccompanied, others with families — is straining school systems in the states where they end up. Research on this topic is mixed. Some scholars have found that immigration actually raises educational success for native-born kids, and some teachers say foreign arrivals sprinkle diversity into classes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/public-schools-buckle-under-the-strain-of-the-migrant-crisis/ss-BB1jbtwG?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d2c3296367664968b1d1af2b9a6c4270&ei=54#image=2
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson