Author Topic: Georgia state House passes bill allowing police to arrest anyone suspected of being in country ille  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Georgia state House passes bill allowing police to arrest anyone suspected of being in country illegally
© Provided by The Hill

The Georgia state House passed a bill that allows for anyone suspected of being in the United States illegally to be arrested.

The state House voted 97-74 to approve House Bill 1105, which would allow police to arrest anyone with probable cause who is suspected of being in the U.S. unlawfully and detain them for deportation.

The bill comes after the killing of 22-year-old nursing student Laken Riley in Athens, Ga. The suspect in her death is Jose Ibarra, a Venezuelan citizen whom authorities say crossed into the U.S. unlawfully in 2022.

Ibarra was detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) but released for further processing. He later was arrested in New York and charged with acting in a manner to injure a child, but was released before ICE could ask local authorities to take him into custody, The Associated Press reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-state-house-passes-bill-allowing-police-to-arrest-anyone-suspected-of-being-in-country-illegally/ar-BB1jbpMX?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d2c3296367664968b1d1af2b9a6c4270&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson