Author Topic: Green electricity goals in conflict  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green electricity goals in conflict
« on: March 02, 2024, 10:57:50 am »
Green electricity goals in conflict
March 1st, 2024

Twenty-three states have adopted goals to move to 100 percent clean energy by 2050. State governments propose to retire coal- and gas-fired power plants and adopt wind and solar systems. But, these goals conflict with efforts to promote electric vehicles (EVs), electric appliances, and a new rising demand for electric power.

The green energy push seeks to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions to fight human-caused global warming. Leaders tell us that without a complete transformation of electric power, transportation, and home appliances to achieve Net Zero carbon dioxide emissions, we are doomed to suffer from increasingly severe climate change impacts.

For example, Michigan passed Senate Bill 271 on December 29 of last year as part of its “Healthy Climate Plan.” The bill requires 100 percent carbon-free electricity by 2050. Michigan’s electrical power in 2022 was generated by gas (34%), coal (29%), nuclear (22%), and wind and solar (12%).

Michigan plans to close its gas and coal plants, which provide 63 percent of the electric power, while also retiring nuclear plants. At the same time, the state wants residents to switch to EVs and electric appliances.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/03/01/green-electricity-goals-in-conflict/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson