Author Topic: DOE’s War On Appliances Now Targeting Washers And Dryers With New Regs  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY NICK POPE ON MAR 1, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS

DOE’s War On Appliances Now Targeting Washers And Dryers With New Regs

The Biden administration finalized regulations for residential clothes washers and dryers on Thursday.

The Department of Energy (DOE) announced that it is locking in the “energy efficiency” regulations for residential clothes washers and dryers, marking the latest development in the Biden administration’s [widespread] effort to shape markets to decidedly favor more energy-efficient appliances in the coming years. [emphasis, links added]

The agency stated that the rules would reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and save consumers money on their water and electricity bills [over] many years.

“For decades, DOE’s appliance standards actions for clothes washers and dryers have provided loads of savings for American families while also decreasing harmful carbon emissions,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said of the finalized regulations.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/does-war-on-appliances-now-targeting-washers-and-dryers-with-new-regs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson