Author Topic: American killed in Mexico cartel shootout: Ex-DEA agent husband says tourists becoming 'collateral d  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

American killed in Mexico cartel shootout: Ex-DEA agent husband says tourists becoming 'collateral damage'

Story by Bailee Hill • 15h

A former Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent who lost his wife to cartel violence in Mexico spoke out on her tragic death, warning crime is on the rise as tourists become "collateral damage."

Karl Perman lost his wife of 15 years, Niko Honarbakhsh, last month after she was caught in cartel crossfire at a beach club in Tulum. He joined "Fox & Friends First" on Friday to discuss his public safety concerns globally and how his wife became a victim shortly after she was chased with a knife in her native city of Los Angeles.

"It's been several years now, where crime has been on the uptick, particularly with drug cartels in Mexico," Perman told Carley Shimkus.

"Years ago, they kind of respected areas. They didn't operate in public tourist areas, at least in front, and they didn't conduct violence there because frankly, that's bad business for them as well."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/american-killed-in-mexico-cartel-shootout-ex-dea-agent-husband-says-tourists-becoming-collateral-damage/ar-BB1jbF5V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4ce4b0acce9847debe82b776c63f655d&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson