Author Topic: Fugitive Mexican police officer wanted in slaying of 19 migrants arrested in Texas  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fugitive Mexican police officer wanted in slaying of 19 migrants arrested in Texas
The fugitive was wanted for his role in the bloody 2021 massacre, which saw Mexican police shoot and burn the bodies of 19 migrants

By Michael Dorgan Fox News
Published February 14, 2024 10:32am EST

Border communities struggle to keep up with the migrant crisis
Fox News’ Casey Stegall reports on Kinney County, Texas, becoming a smuggling route for the cartels.

A former elite Mexican police officer who was on the run for the horrific slaying of 19 migrants three years ago has been arrested by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Texas.

The now-captured fugitive, who has not been named, was wanted for his role in the bloody massacre which saw 16 Guatemalans, one El Salvadoran and two Mexican citizens murdered in Camargo, Tamaulipas, on Jan. 21, 2021, CBP said in a statement on Tuesday.

The migrants were part of a convoy trying to reach the U.S.-Mexico border when they were intercepted and murdered by police officers. The migrants were shot by police officers, and their bodies were burned, according to CBP.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/fugitive-mexican-police-officer-wanted-slaying-19-migrants-arrested-texas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson