Author Topic: Actor Terrence Howard ordered to pay almost $1M in back taxes after saying ‘immoral’ to tax slave de  (Read 885 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Actor Terrence Howard ordered to pay almost $1M in back taxes after saying ‘immoral’ to tax slave descendants
'400 years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,' Howard reportedly told the case’s lead tax attorney
 By Joshua Q. Nelson Fox News
Published March 1, 2024 2:36pm EST

Actor Terrence Howard reportedly said it is "immoral for the United States government to charge taxes to the descendants of slaves" after being ordered to pay nearly $1 million in back taxes.

According to a report from the Philadelphia Inquirer on Thursday, a federal judge in Philadelphia ordered the Academy Award-nominated actor to pay $903,115 in back taxes, penalties and interest.

"For more than a year, the 54-year-old star of the TV hit ‘Empire,’ whose last listed address was in Plymouth Meeting, rebuffed IRS efforts to collect $578,000 in income taxes it says he failed to pay between 2010 and 2019," the Inquirer reported.

The Inquirer reported the Justice Department sued Howard in 2022 and, after failed efforts to "engage Howard in court," the actor sent a voicemail to the phone of the case’s lead tax attorney in November 2023.

Per court filings, Howard reportedly "denied owing anything and threatened to shame her by posting the lawsuit against him on the internet."

"Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it," the actor allegedly said in the voicemail. "Now you have the gall to try and prosecute and charge taxes to the descendants of a broken people that you are responsible for causing the breakage."

Howard went on further, slamming the government for taking him to court.

"In truth, the entire United States should, by default, become the property of the descendants of slaves," Howard said. "But since you do not have the ability [or] the courage to do it, let’s try this in court… We’re gonna bring you down."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/actor-terrence-howard-ordered-pay-almost-1m-back-taxes-saying-immoral-tax-slave-descendants
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Now you have the gall to try and prosecute and charge taxes to the descendants of a broken people...

If you're so 'broken' you owe that much in back taxes, all I can say is you've had 158 years to fix it.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Marvel dodged a bullet by getting rid of him after the first Iron Man movie.

Ironically, he wanted a bigger paycheck to continue in the role he had in that movie, which was Tony Stark's military liaison and friend, James "Rhodey" Rhodes. Ike Perlmutter was in charge of Marvel at the time, and he said no, recast the role. Don Cheadle got the role in Iron Man 2 and all subsequent Marvel films.
Let it burn.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Marvel dodged a bullet by getting rid of him after the first Iron Man movie.

Ironically, he wanted a bigger paycheck to continue in the role he had in that movie, which was Tony Stark's military liaison and friend, James "Rhodey" Rhodes. Ike Perlmutter was in charge of Marvel at the time, and he said no, recast the role. Don Cheadle got the role in Iron Man 2 and all subsequent Marvel films.
He sucked, all the charisma of a rotten eggplant, lucky for him there are lots of crappy Black TV shows and movies for him.

Online mountaineer

What a maroon. Forced labor, huh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Math is hard when you comes from the Ghetto and you spend yo green like a gangster.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Immoral to tax slave descendants? I agree. Being part Slavic (where the word slave came from) I demand that I shouldn't have to pay any taxes since many of my descendants were probably enslaved by the Roman Empire about 2,000 years ago  or so. Or get the Italians to pay for my tax liabilities.  :tongue2:

Offline roamer_1

*chuckles*

Yeah IRS... You're goin' down!

:silly:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Ah, the fruits of holding a grudge.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ah yes, ancestral victimization appropriation. Claim the oppression of your ancestors is your oppression though you've not only never suffered it, you have thrived under the supposedly systemically racist society you live in.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 04:39:37 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Sick of this 400 years garbage.

At most it is 250.  Where the hell do they get this 400?

Further, it was authorized by Britain.  The US per se didn’t exist until 1776, so the US directly only 75-90 years.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online LMAO

From the article..
"In truth, the entire United States should, by default, become the property of the descendants of slaves," Howard said. "But since you do not have the ability [or] the courage to do it, let’s try this in court… We’re gonna bring you down."

LOL!!!!

Good Luck!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

From the article..

LOL!!!!

Good Luck!!!

This guy needs to move to South Africa. He'd fit right in.

Online LMAO

Ah, the fruits of holding a grudge.

And one political party feeds that grudge. It tells people like this that they are owed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Immoral to tax slave descendants? I agree. Being part Slavic (where the word slave came from) I demand that I shouldn't have to pay any taxes since many of my descendants were probably enslaved by the Roman Empire about 2,000 years ago  or so. Or get the Italians to pay for my tax liabilities.  :tongue2:
[/quote]Can I split my tax bill between the Ottoman Empire and Roman Empire, or shall we say Turkey and Italy because they enslaved my ancestors? What section of my tax forms do use to designate them as the payees?

Maybe Howard should sue the descendants of the African tribe that sold his ancestors into slavery? Just sayin.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article..

LOL!!!!

Good Luck!!!
Well, I am ready to watch y'all have it out with the people whose ancestors walked over long before most of the rest of our ancestors got here.

Somehow it is okay for a bunch of johnny-come-lately african captives to take the land from the people who were here for thousands of years before the first ship came from Africa?

:pop41:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Well, I am ready to watch y'all have it out with the people whose ancestors walked over long before most of the rest of our ancestors got here.

Somehow it is okay for a bunch of johnny-come-lately african captives to take the land from the people who were here for thousands of years before the first ship came from Africa?

:pop41:
Well, they did build the entire country you know. You know the phrase "America was built on the backs of black slaves."
Which is really sort of strange considering that the black population of the North where most of the building took place was tiny. And blacks were either excluded from or had very little to do with constructing the roads, buildings, bridges, etc. of the North. That was mostly done with white labor. The Transcontinental Railroad was mostly done by Chinese and Irish immigrant labor.
But many blacks believe the myth of America built on the backs of blacks. Even at the start of the CW the cotton industry only accounted for five percent of the GNP. I guess it's nice to believe in myths if it makes you feel a lot more important than you actually were.

Online Hoodat

Sick of this 400 years garbage.

At most it is 250.  Where the hell do they get this 400?

Africans have been selling slaves far longer than 400 years,
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-