Author Topic: Double standard: Islamophobia and Jew-hatred  (Read 366 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Double standard: Islamophobia and Jew-hatred
« on: March 01, 2024, 05:43:36 pm »
Double standard: Islamophobia and Jew-hatred
What a difference a decade can make. Op-ed.
Diane Bederman
6 minutes
  Mar 1, 2024, 7:08 AM (GMT+2)

"Islamophobia" seems to be everywhere these days – or at least accusations of it. What does it mean?

Too often it leads to silencing people who have questions about Islam and its teachings. I don’t know of any laws preventing people from criticizing or questioning Christianity or Judaism – in Judaism it seems that what is said is based on context!

Remember Prof. Gray, who when asked whether pro-Palestinian student activists calling for “Jewish genocide” violated Harvard’s code of conduct on harassment claimed it would depend on the context. Deduction: If Jews are actually being killed, that is probably the proper context.

In 2015, Eric Brazau, not particularly fond of Islam, decided to run an experiment on free speech on a Toronto Subway. He, another fellow in Israeli colours and carrying an Israeli flag, and another acquaintance who videoed the proceedings, got on the subway where Mr. Brazau began loudly denouncing Islam and its holy book, the Koran. He did this around the time Israel was at war with Gaza (yes, Gaza is not a new enemy of Israel).

Seems a passenger was so offended he pulled the emergency cord. The subway was stopped at the next station and police brought in. Mr. Brazau was charged for his actions on the subway. He was denied bail before his trial and was held in custody from his arrest that day, July 29, for five months and nine days.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/386065
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 05:44:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Double standard: Islamophobia and Jew-hatred
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 05:45:21 pm »
Islamophobia and racism are two peas from the same pod. ****sheep****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 05:51:53 pm »
Islamophobia and racism are two peas from the same pod. ****sheep****

If you ask me, Islamophobia and sanity are two peas in the same pod! 

It is impossible to get along with people who only want to see you dead!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 11:16:32 pm »
Ranger:
"Islamophobia and racism are two peas from the same pod"

Indeed.
Both are leftist/communist terms designed to twist normal, natural and rational human responses into weapons to be used against us.