Author Topic: House GOP leaders consider changing some Ukraine war funding to loans: congressional source  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :nono:

House GOP leaders consider changing some Ukraine war funding to loans: congressional source

A final decision on the way forward for providing additional foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan has not yet been decided, the source says and a Republican congressman is planning to soon circulate a discharge petition

By Nicholas Ballasy

Updated: February 29, 2024 11:48pm

House Republicans are considering lending the Ukrainian government funding for the country's war against Russia rather than providing $61 billion under the Senate-passed foreign aid bill, Just the News has learned.

According to a Council on Foreign Relations analysis, the U.S. government has spent $75 billion on the war in Ukraine.

Following a White House meeting on Tuesday, President Biden and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer have stepped up pressure on House Speaker Mike Johnson to put the Senate bill –  which totals $95 billion for Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, and humanitarian efforts in Gaza –  on the floor for a vote. The foreign aid package does not include provisions to cover the cost of the legislation.

Johnson and House Republican leaders are considering multiple options for the next step, including providing some Ukraine war funding in cash and lending the rest, according a GOP congressional source close to the process.

A final decision on the way forward on foreign aid has not yet been decided, the source said.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/house-gop-leaders-considering-lending-ukraine-funding-war-against-russia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Haha.
What difference will that make?

The money will be gone.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ukraine won't be able to pay them back.

Ukraine is earning the funding via its blood sacrifice and opportunity to real-world test US military weapons, systems, and tactics.

Secure America's Border, then Ukraine's, Israel's, and Taiwan's.

Why does Biden love his Open Border migrants more than he wants Ukraine to succeed? 
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Haha.
What difference will that make?

The money will be gone.

Agreed.  Ukraine's economy is largely wrecked, and it will take them at least a decade to recover as is.  Piling on war debt that they couldn't afford to repay anyway isn't going to bring back that money.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A loan?

Since when has any European country sent us money back since '47's Marshall Plan via diplomatic channels?

Send arms...  not money.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.