Author Topic: New Army X7, XM250 Next-Gen Squad Weapons Bring Massive Lethality Breakthrough  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Army X7, XM250 Next-Gen Squad Weapons Bring Massive Lethality Breakthrough
The transition of the US Army to the XM7 rifle and XM250 automatic rifle marks a significant leap in infantry warfare technology
JOHNNY FRANKS, WARRIOR EDITORIAL FELLOW1 HOUR AGO
By Johnny Franks, Warrior Editorial Fellow

It's no coincidence that the Army's shift to more advanced weaponry comes as concerns over conventional warfare with advanced nations escalate; we're preparing for battles beyond the mountains of Afghanistan. The transition of the US Army to the XM7 rifle and XM250 automatic rifle marks a significant leap in infantry warfare technology aimed at increasing the lethality and survivability of soldiers in potential future ground conflicts, including those involving NATO and Russia. These new weapons, part of the ambitious Next Generation Squad Weapon (NGSW) program, are set to replace the longstanding M4/M4A1 carbine and M249 Squad Automatic Weapon.

Central to this evolution is the adoption of a new 6.8mm intermediate caliber round, designed for superior range, accuracy, and penetration compared to the existing 5.56mm ammunition. This shift addresses the need for greater effective range and the ability to defeat advanced body armor, likely scenarios in a NATO-Russia ground war.

The XM250, a belt-fed, suppressed, air-cooled, and gas-operated light machine gun, and the XM7, a suppressed, piston-driven rifle, incorporate advanced technology to enhance soldiers' capabilities on the battlefield. Both weapons feature ambidextrous controls, quick-detach suppressors to reduce sound and muzzle flash, and the innovative XM157 fire control system. This system includes a ballistics computer that assists shooters in compensating for variables like distance, wind, and environmental conditions without sacrificing basic marksmanship skills.

https://warriormaven.com/land/new-army-x7-xm250-next-gen-squad-weapons-bring-massive-lethality-breakthrough
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson