Author Topic: U.S. Navy in Review  (Read 231 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Navy in Review
« on: March 01, 2024, 02:55:02 pm »

U.S. Navy in Review
By Robert Holzer and Dmitry Filipoff
March 2024 Proceedings Vol. 150/3/1,453

As the U.S. Navy confronts a more belligerent People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) operating across the Pacific, it made good progress in 2023 on instilling a new sense of urgency in operations, acquisition, force development, and organizational transformation. While much more needs to be accomplished to get the service on a real war footing, the Navy’s recent achievements should not be dismissed.

At the top, senior Navy civilian and military leaders stepped up their warnings on both the threats posed by the PLAN’s growth trajectory and China’s increasingly reckless operations at sea that challenge long-established norms of Navy leaders speaking clearly and repeatedly about PLAN actions and capabilities. This was long overdue.

“The Navy recognizes that this is a decisive decade—a decade during which command of the seas will determine the balance of power for the rest of this century,” former Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Admiral Michael Gilday said at his retirement in August. “We are undergoing revolutionary changes in our plans, in our platforms, in capabilities, how we lead and support the men and women of Team Navy.”1

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2024/march/us-navy-review
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: U.S. Navy in Review
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 03:33:01 pm »
I don't see anything in there that gives me any confidence that the U.S. Navy truly understands the real nature of its problems nor does it know how to fix them even if it did.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: U.S. Navy in Review
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 03:24:54 am »
I don't see anything in there that gives me any confidence that the U.S. Navy truly understands the real nature of its problems nor does it know how to fix them even if it did.

@Timber Rattler

The US Navy believes anything their political masters in DC TELLS them to believe.

Just like General Miss Miley, when she destroyed the US Army.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!