Author Topic: Nolte: Bud Light Boycott Cost Tranheuser-Busch $1.4 Billion  (Read 1585 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nolte: Bud Light Boycott Cost Tranheuser-Busch $1.4 Billion
« on: March 01, 2024, 02:12:02 pm »
Nolte: Bud Light Boycott Cost Tranheuser-Busch $1.4 Billion

John Nolte 29 Feb 2024

Tranheuser-Busch claimed it earned record revenues in 2023 but admitted its “full growth potential was constrained” in the U.S. due to a boycott after Bud Light signed transvestite Dylan Mulvaney as a sponsor.

Yeah, “constrained” by $1.4 BILLION.

More:

In North America, organic revenue, seen as the best measure of operating performance, plunged $1.4 billion last year as beer sales by volume tumbled in the region, primarily due to a decline in Bud Light sales in the United States. Beer makes up the lion’s share of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s revenue.

Bud Light sales tanked after the company’s partnership with Mulvaney last April sparked an anti-trans backlash and calls for a boycott. A tepid response to the controversy from the company also angered LGBTQ+ advocates.

“In the U.S., performance remains very underwhelming with revenue down at double-digit rates as the group lost market share,” Aarin Chiekrie, an equity analyst, told CNNLOL.

After two decades of being America’s top beer brand, Bud Light lost the crown to Modelo Especial, a Mexican lager. Gee, I guess all those immigrant-hating, MAGA-bigoted beer drinkers forgot to be bigoted.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/02/29/nolte-bud-light-boycott-cost-tranheuser-busch-1-4-billion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Nolte: Bud Light Boycott Cost Tranheuser-Busch $1.4 Billion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 02:13:46 pm »
Too bad many people were laid off because Bud screwed the pooch. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 10:30:40 pm »
Didn't know where to put this Twitter video, but this is as good a place as any:
WARNING! AUSSIE PROFANITY!!

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1776362531315220706

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 10:32:51 pm »
 :03:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 12:22:43 am »
Didn't know where to put this Twitter video, but this is as good a place as any:

Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 03:25:50 am »

I don't know a single man that wouldn't agree with him.
And not a woman either.

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 11:31:04 am »
This was done with no leadership

Trump opposed the boycott and we know how Biden feels about it.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2024, 01:54:49 pm »

:hands: :hands: blij26 :da man:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2024, 05:20:15 pm »

GEEZ... when I talk like this about the forum NTs, I get a week off!    :tongue2:    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online banddag

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2024, 05:45:50 pm »
I have noticed at a few local gas stations I see people buying Bud Lite again and I live in a blue collar Trump area.  Boycotts never work in the long term.  Dicks Sporting Goods had major boycott over their puling guns from their stores few years back and their stock and store sales are at record high in 2023.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2024, 07:11:05 pm »
Boycotts never work in the long term.
Quite true.
And welcome to TBR!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 07:12:50 pm »
I have noticed at a few local gas stations I see people buying Bud Lite again and I live in a blue collar Trump area.  Boycotts never work in the long term.  Dicks Sporting Goods had major boycott over their puling guns from their stores few years back and their stock and store sales are at record high in 2023.

My SIL went back to drinking it. He said part of the reason was while he thought AB made an error they didn't double down on it like other businesses have.

Welcome to TBR @banddag
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2024, 07:18:45 pm »

That's true, but it changes nothing WRT what the fellow in the video said.

Welcome aboard @banddag

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 07:35:45 pm »
GEEZ... when I talk like this about the forum NTs, I get a week off!    :tongue2:    :silly:

There's your problem, right there...

Don't make it personal.
Don't take it personal.
Feed the puppies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2024, 07:38:25 pm »

Oh, I don't know... Losing 1.4B sounds pretty long term to me, I don't care who you are...

Hello @banddag  :seeya:

Online LMAO

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2024, 07:50:50 pm »
It was never going to last forever(the boycott)

But….AB took a hit, Dylan Mulvaney isn’t advertising it, the woman who came up with the idea isn’t employed with AB(I believe), and their commercials lately are more in along the lines of a typical beer commercial

So it had an impact
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2024, 08:10:54 pm »
It was never going to last forever(the boycott)

But….AB took a hit, Dylan Mulvaney isn’t advertising it, the woman who came up with the idea isn’t employed with AB(I believe), and their commercials lately are more in along the lines of a typical beer commercial

So it had an impact

WAY beyond that. This will be taught in advertising school forever.
This was a MASSIVE hit. And it remains to this day.
Bud Light has not ascended from the depths.
It's still down there.
It is no longer the undisputed King of Beers.
Modelo has surpassed them.

And DEI is being thrown out of corporate halls. Whole divisions eliminated.

It is no little thing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2024, 08:20:49 pm »

Welcome to TBR, @banddag !  Keep posting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2024, 08:22:43 pm »

Don't make it personal.
Don't take it personal.
Feed the puppies.

"Personally:tongue2:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:23:55 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2024, 09:30:04 pm »
Pssssttt...
Islam is right
About LGBTQ

(pass it on)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2024, 09:34:22 pm »
I posted a story a while back noting that Bill Gates was using a tax-free foundation of his to buy and prop up the price of AB InBev stock.

But this was more than your typical boycott. This was a change in reputation. The Mulvaney fiasco tainted Bud Light's reputation as "queer beer." Light beer was always at risk of that, though Bud Light's longstanding habit of throwing every ad campaign they could think of against a wall to see what sticks perhaps put them at even bigger risk.

They might get a dead-cat bounce from this, but it might never reach the dominance it once had. Drinkers have sought out other brands or gone sober entirely.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024