Author Topic: Another illegal sleeping space for migrants shut down in NYC  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another illegal sleeping space for migrants shut down in NYC
« on: March 01, 2024, 09:10:52 am »
Another illegal sleeping space for migrants shut down in NYC
Story by Rocco Parascandola and Elizabeth Keogh, New York Daily News • 1d

NEW YORK — New York City officials on Wednesday discovered a cramped commercial space housing dozens of migrants for the second day in a row.

FDNY and Department of Buildings officials were called to the building on East Kingsbridge Road near Briggs Avenue in the Bronx just before 2:10 p.m. Wednesday to investigate reports of people living illegally in a shop.

Once inside, they found 34 beds crammed into the first floor and another 11 in the basement, according to officials and sources.

Several immigrants were at the site when authorities showed up Wednesday, according to CBS New York.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/another-illegal-sleeping-space-for-migrants-shut-down-in-nyc/ar-BB1j4WM8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e18b46fc65cb4a2c923d75591fa03293&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson