Author Topic: E. Jean Carroll expresses ‘very serious concerns’ Trump won’t pay $83M judgment  (Read 436 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 E. Jean Carroll expresses ‘very serious concerns’ Trump won’t pay $83M judgment
by Zach Schonfeld and Ella Lee - 02/29/24 2:16 PM ET

Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll expressed “very serious concerns” Thursday that she won’t be able to collect the $83 million from former President Trump that a jury awarded in Carroll’s defamation lawsuit last month, citing Trump’s various legal woes.

“He simply asks the Court to ‘trust me’ and offers, in a case with an $83.3 million judgment against him, the court filing equivalent of a paper napkin; signed by the least trustworthy of borrowers,” Roberta Kaplan, Carroll’s lawyer, wrote in court papers.

The new filing responds to Trump’s demand that his trial judge delay enforcing the eight-figure sum as the former president attempts to get the verdict reduced or eliminated entirely in post-trial motions. In the alternative, Trump asked the judge to allow him to post bond in a “substantially reduced amount.”

Opposing those demands, Carroll pointed to the more than $454 million judgment in Trump’s civil fraud case, which only grows in interest each day it’s left unpaid. 

“To begin, recent developments give rise to very serious concerns about Trump’s cash position and the feasibility (and ease) of collecting on the judgment in this case,” Carroll’s lawyers wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4498034-e-jean-carroll-trump-83m-judgment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“To begin, recent developments give rise to very serious concerns about Trump’s cash position and the feasibility (and ease) of collecting on the judgment in this case,” Carroll’s lawyers wrote.

So sue him!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I hope he doesn't.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

E. Jean Carroll will not see a dime of Trump's money in her lifetime.  Trump would rather spend $166M on legal fees to delay and eventually welch on the E. Jean Carroll judgement, out of spite.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Too bad there can't be  a citizen's class action suit for intentional politically motivated lawfare.  We need to take measures into place to demotivate these POS '

Putting that bitch in the poor house, would be a good start.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

Offline berdie

E. Jean Carroll will not see a dime of Trump's money in her lifetime.  Trump would rather spend $166M on legal fees to delay and eventually welch on the E. Jean Carroll judgement, out of spite.

I hope so!