Author Topic: Michigan GOP Senate primary scrambled with Justin Amash campaign announcement  (Read 163 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan GOP Senate primary scrambled with Justin Amash campaign announcement
By
Naomi Lim
February 29, 2024 12:48 pm

Former Rep. Justin Amash has jumped into the Republican primary race for Michigan‘s open U.S. Senate seat, a race that could decide the Senate majority in a battleground state that also could determine the outcome of November’s presidential election.

A political turncoat, Amash represented Michigan’s Grand Rapids-anchored 3rd Congressional District as a Republican, an independent, and then as a Libertarian during the decade he was in the House before he retired in 2021. His announcement spices up the GOP primary as the party had started coalescing behind former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers.

“After thoroughly evaluating all aspects of a potential campaign, I’m convinced that no candidate would be better positioned to win both the Republican primary and the general election,” Amash wrote on social media Thursday. “That’s why, today, I’m making it official: I’m joining the race for United States Senate in Michigan.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2859965/michigan-gop-senate-primary-amash-campaign-announcement/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34