Author Topic: House passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown  (Read 638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
« on: February 29, 2024, 07:16:19 pm »
 House passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
by Mychael Schnell and Aris Folley - 02/29/24 2:08 PM ET

The House on Thursday approved a short-term funding bill to avert a partial government shutdown this weekend, sending the legislation to the Senate one day before Friday’s funding deadline.

The legislation — which cleared the chamber in a 320-99 vote — kicks the two government funding deadlines to March 8 and March 22, buying lawmakers more time to hash out their differences on spending bills and push them over the finish line.

Trouble could be ahead, however.

While lawmakers say they have a deal on the six appropriations bills due next week, disagreements remain on the other half-dozen measures, which include more controversial pieces of legislation funding agencies like the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security.

“Clearly the second group of bills could be difficult and problematic, especially as Republicans in the House continue to insist on policy riders that erode women’s reproductive freedom,” Rep. Pete Aguilar (Calif.), chairman of the Democratic Caucus, said shortly before the vote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4497940-house-passes-short-term-funding-bill-to-avert-shutdown/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: House passes short-term funding bill to avert shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 07:20:30 pm »
Kicking the can down the road once again and the Republicans get nothing and Americans continue to lose!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 09:56:05 pm »
Wait...I'll be back...I need to go get my surprised face.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 10:05:27 pm »
Jees.  Stop the insanity of the waterfall of crisis.  This plays right into Dem hands.

Declare defeat on the FY 2024 continuing resolution pretending to be a budget.  Start working on the FY 2025 Budget, which is due by October 1, 2024.  Similar to Dunkirk, evacuate the beaches, save your soldiers for future battles, and start strategizing to go on offense.  Continuing the fight for what's left of the FY2024 Budget will keep GOP House on defense.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:07:38 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 11:26:37 pm »
A Fishrrman "betcha I got it right" prediction:

None of the currently-posting members of this forum will live to see an actual "budget" passed by Congress again.

(I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but again... betcha I'm right)

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 11:28:19 pm »
A Fishrrman "betcha I got it right" prediction:

None of the currently-posting members of this forum will live to see an actual "budget" passed by Congress again.

(I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but again... betcha I'm right)

I can't take that bet...I hate to lose.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 03:47:36 am »
For it to be a real Budget, it needs to be signed by the President before the start (October 1st) of the Budget's Fiscal Year.  Passing a Budget before the start of the Fiscal Year is Congress' day job.  The investigations to nowhere and the impeachments about nothing are side hustles.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.