Author Topic: ‘Hit The Working Class Between The Eyes’: California Green Proposal Could Spike Pump Prices By 50 Ce  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Hit The Working Class Between The Eyes’: California Green Proposal Could Spike Pump Prices By 50 Cents

NICK POPE
CONTRIBUTOR
February 27, 2024

A proposed environmental regulation in California could directly result in a nearly 50-cent increase in per gallon prices at the pump in the state, according to E&E News.

California, which currently has the highest average per-gallon gasoline price of any continental state, is considering rewriting its low-carbon fuel standards to better pursue the state’s aggressive long-term climate targets, according to E&E News. The proposed change could increase average prices at the pump in California by 47 cents in 2025, a jump that could then reach 52 cents the following year, according to analysis published by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).

“This will hit the working class between the eyes,” Jamie Court, the president of Consumer Watchdog, told E&E News. “That is unacceptable in order to get, even in exchange for what are very noble climate goals … If the governor doesn’t stop this, or find a way to keep gas prices lower, it will stick to him.” (RELATED: ‘Simple Econ 101’: Here’s How California’s E-Truck Push Could Hamstring The American Economy)

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/27/california-green-policy-spike-pump-prices-gas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson