Author Topic: Biden To Give $850 Million to a Chinese-Owned Battery Company  (Read 452 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden To Give $850 Million to a Chinese-Owned Battery Company
« on: February 29, 2024, 06:20:53 pm »

Biden To Give $850 Million to a Chinese-Owned Battery Company

Alana Goodman
February 28, 2024
Last summer, the Biden administration announced an $850 million conditional loan to a company called KORE Power to build a battery production plant in Arizona. The purpose was to decrease the United States’ reliance on China’s batteries, but KORE Power has enlisted its co-owner, a Chinese battery maker, to help build the taxpayer-funded facility, according to court filings.

The Biden administration touted the project as a way to "strengthen the domestic battery supply chain" and combat China’s grip on the global market. KORE, with its Idaho headquarters and small staff of around 150 employees, seemed to have the perfect all-American background for the job.

But that backstory conflicts with court documents and corporate disclosure filings, obtained by the Washington Free Beacon, which outline the company’s extensive roots in China.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/biden-to-give-850-million-to-a-chinese-owned-battery-company/
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:21:48 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden To Give $850 Million to a Chinese-Owned Battery Company
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 06:22:07 pm »
 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:19:49 pm »
I wonder where in Arizona this is going on?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 08:27:14 pm »
Summarizer(Buckeye)
KORE Power, a leading global battery cell technology company, will open a 1 million-square-foot lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility in Buckeye, Arizona, which will be the first domestic battery plant owned by a U.S. company in the nation.023 The facility will have a production capacity of up to 12 gigawatt hours (GWh) and is expected to create more than 3,000 new advanced manufacturing jobs in Arizona. KORE Power chose the Maricopa County site due to its proximity to complementary industries such as e-mobility, solar, semiconductor, and utilities, as well as the state’s tax and regulatory environment.2 The factory is expected to break ground in the first quarter of 2022, and the expected date for starting operations is mid-2023.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 09:06:14 pm »
Hmm ... what US military installations are near Buckeye, Airzona?  https://www.dexknows.com/search-map/buckeye-az/military-bases

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 09:31:22 pm »
Summarizer(Buckeye)
KORE Power, a leading global battery cell technology company, will open a 1 million-square-foot lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility in Buckeye, Arizona, which will be the first domestic battery plant owned by a U.S. company in the nation.023 The facility will have a production capacity of up to 12 gigawatt hours (GWh) and is expected to create more than 3,000 new advanced manufacturing jobs in Arizona. KORE Power chose the Maricopa County site due to its proximity to complementary industries such as e-mobility, solar, semiconductor, and utilities, as well as the state’s tax and regulatory environment.2 The factory is expected to break ground in the first quarter of 2022, and the expected date for starting operations is mid-2023.

Thank Yew!! :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 09:32:43 pm »
Hmm ... what US military installations are near Buckeye, Airzona?  https://www.dexknows.com/search-map/buckeye-az/military-bases

Well, there's Luke AFB....
I will NOT comply.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 06:08:27 pm »
More money for foreigners, let the people on the streets continue to go hungry/homeless.  Our enemies need our money more than we do.  Rejecting God is not without consequences, desolation and destruction like a snow ball rolling down a mountain.  Godless fools think its a joy ride until they get to the end.  Bawling the loudest will not change their outcome, even though they believe it will.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 09:05:33 pm »
The federal government should not be in the loan business.  Period.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-