Author Topic: White House calls for sanctuary cities to cooperate with ICE amid furor over illegal immigrant crime  (Read 198 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House calls for sanctuary cities to cooperate with ICE amid furor over illegal immigrant crimes
Sanctuary cities under scrutiny as illegal immigrants arrested for violent crimes across country
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw Fox News
Published February 28, 2024 4:31pm EST

Biden's border visit is an attempt to distract from what's really happening: Karl Rove
Fox News contributor Karl Rove discusses the ongoing immigration crisis as President Biden and former President Trump are both scheduled to visit the border Thursday and reacts to Biden's interview with Seth Meyers.

The White House is calling for "sanctuary" cities and jurisdictions across the U.S. to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in turning over criminal illegal immigrants for deportation, just as there is renewed scrutiny over such policies in the wake of several high-profile crimes committed by illegal immigrants who had previously been released by local law enforcement despite pleas from ICE.

"We welcome local law enforcement’s support and cooperation in apprehending and removing individuals who pose a risk to national security or public safety," a White House spokesperson told Fox News Digital on Wednesday in response to a question about its stance on sanctuary cities. "When a local jurisdiction has information about an individual who could pose a threat to public safety, we want them to share that information with ICE."

"Just since May 12, DHS has removed or returned more than 565,000 individuals — the vast majority of whom crossed the Southwest Border. 565,000 removals and returns is more than every full fiscal year since 2013," they said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-calls-for-sanctuary-cities-to-cooperate-with-ice-amid-furor-over-illegal-immigrant-crimes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What they call for in public and what they call for in private are not necessarily the same. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson