Author Topic: Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
« on: February 29, 2024, 06:09:31 pm »
February 29, 2024
Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
By Albin Sadar

The Democrats warn us almost daily that re-electing Donald Trump in 2024 will spell the end of democracy. But, technically, do we even live in a country whose constitution established us as a "democracy"?

When Benjamin Franklin left the Constitutional Convention of 1787, he was greeted by a woman who asked him point-blank, "Well, doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?" Mr. Franklin's terse response: "A republic, madam -- if you can keep it."

It is significant that Franklin did not say that the form of government that the Founders created was a democracy. We are, in fact, as most of us know (or should certainly know), a constitutional republic.

We are not a country where 51% of citizens can outvote the other 49%, then tell them what they can and cannot do. We are a representative government with checks and balances built in as guaranteed safeguards against a majority of strong-willed individuals lording it over the meek, timid, and disadvantaged. Both majority and minority have a true say in how every citizen is governed.

The First Amendment guaranteeing free speech has always been key if we hope to "keep the republic." Once that is co-opted -- then controlled and censored -- an unsuspecting public will be easily swayed into thinking in line with whatever ensures that an elite few can gain and maintain power. Manipulating the masses is the goal.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/02/time_to_deepsix_the_democrats_brand_of_democracy.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson