Author Topic: Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
« on: February 29, 2024, 04:44:36 pm »
February 29, 2024
Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
By Albin Sadar

The Democrats warn us almost daily that re-electing Donald Trump in 2024 will spell the end of democracy. But, technically, do we even live in a country whose constitution established us as a "democracy"?

When Benjamin Franklin left the Constitutional Convention of 1787, he was greeted by a woman who asked him point-blank, "Well, doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?" Mr. Franklin's terse response: "A republic, madam -- if you can keep it."

It is significant that Franklin did not say that the form of government that the Founders created was a democracy. We are, in fact, as most of us know (or should certainly know), a constitutional republic.

We are not a country where 51% of citizens can outvote the other 49%, then tell them what they can and cannot do. We are a representative government with checks and balances built in as guaranteed safeguards against a majority of strong-willed individuals lording it over the meek, timid, and disadvantaged. Both majority and minority have a true say in how every citizen is governed.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/02/time_to_deepsix_the_democrats_brand_of_democracy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 04:54:43 pm »
To HELL with Democracy! Give me my Republic back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

Re: Time to Deep-Six the Democrats' Brand of Democracy
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 05:42:35 pm »
To HELL with Democracy! Give me my Republic back!

Democrats want a democracy when they have the majority and a republic when they don't...