Author Topic: SCOTUS Justice Jackson Just Said the Dumbest Thing About Guns and I Can't Stop Laughing  (Read 1191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SCOTUS Justice Jackson Just Said the Dumbest Thing About Guns and I Can't Stop Laughing
Stephen Green | 2:00 PM on February 28, 2024

Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson must have fallen asleep last night watching a vintage '80s Chuck Norris movie as part of her preparation to hear oral arguments today in the Garland v. Cargill bumpstock ban lawsuit because her understanding of firearms is even less realistic than your typical Cannon Films production.

While I don't have the transcript yet for you — arguments are going on as I write this column — the Firearms Policy Coalition has been doing the good work of posting highlights to Twitter/X.

When it was time for the Biden Department of Justice to present its side to the Court, Justice Clarence Thomas asked what happens, according to the FPC, "with the trigger in a bump stocked rifle vs a full-auto rifle."

Please don't wet yourself laughing when you read the government's response.

Firearms Policy Coalition
@gunpolicy
The government says that bump stocks allow you to shoot 600 times a second
9:10 AM · Feb 28, 2024

more
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/02/28/scotus-justice-jackson-just-said-the-dumbest-thing-about-guns-and-i-cant-stop-laughing-n4926851
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

@gunpolicy
Justice Jackson says guns with bump stocks can fire 800 rounds a second
10:17 AM · Feb 28, 2024

:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@gunpolicy
Justice Jackson says guns with bump stocks can fire 800 rounds a second
10:17 AM · Feb 28, 2024

:silly:
Actual Justice Jackson quote from transcript.

And here's Justice Jackson: "And when, you know, 'function' is defined, it's really not about the operation of the thing. It's about what it can achieve, what it's being used for. So I see Congress as putting function in this. The function of this trigger is to cause this kind of damage, 800 rounds a second or whatever."

So we see that it actually dumber than what we thought **nononono*

Offline PeteS in CA

W'pedia claims a fire rate of 600-800 rounds per minute, and apparently the LIEden spokes-liar-lawyer corrected his comment to "per minute".

Not being into guns enough to care about bullet-spraying accuracy-preventers, can a firing rate above 120-150 rounds per minute be achieved using the things?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For reference, the M124 6-barrel rotating minigun can shoot max 6K rounds per minute, or 100 per second. That's more than the Phalanx from what I can read, and any other gun I know to exist.

What she's doing here is an old leftist tactic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

For reference, the M124 6-barrel rotating minigun can shoot max 6K rounds per minute, or 100 per second. That's more than the Phalanx from what I can read, and any other gun I know to exist.

What she's doing here is an old leftist tactic.

You may be attributing to much intelligence to Jackson. She's probably parroting talking points she doesn't even understand.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just want to see the person who can actually fire 600 rounds in a minute through any AR style rifle.

That equates to 20 mag changes per minute, one every 3 seconds if my math is correct. IF I were to really work at it, I MIGHT be able to get 60 done but I doubt that even.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Barrel meltdown would occur far before you got that many shot ....

Here is a video that shows what 800 rounds fired (you can't shoot it that fast like Bigun points out)... even if you had all the mags loaded beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSizVpfqFtw
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Barrel meltdown would occur far before you got that many shot ....

Here is a video that shows what 800 rounds fired (you can't shoot it that fast like Bigun points out)... even if you had all the mags loaded beforehand.

OK! Maybe 90 rounds in a minute with a full auto weapon and mags laid out on a table for you. If your mags are in a tac vest, no way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien