Author Topic: This Green Group Wants To Penalize You for Using Natural Gas—and Obtain Your Private Data To Do So  (Read 1551 times)

Online mountaineer

This Green Group Wants To Penalize You for Using Natural Gas—and Obtain Your Private Data To Do So
Renewable Energy Alaska Project demands local utility provider fork over consumer data to help form green plan
Meghan Blonder   
February 29, 2024
Free Beacon
A green energy advocacy group in Alaska is demanding a local utility provider fork over its consumers' private energy consumption data. The group wants to use that data to craft a new pricing plan that could penalize those who exceed a certain level of energy consumption.

Renewable Energy Alaska Project (REAP), an Anchorage-based nonprofit that works to secure "Alaska's clean energy future," petitioned state regulators last month in an attempt to compel the Chugach Electric Association to provide its customers' monthly energy consumption data. REAP says it needs that data to design a rate structure that would compel customers to use less natural gas—by charging them more once they surpass certain energy consumption thresholds.

Chugach, Alaska's largest electric utility, is refusing to hand over the data, citing privacy concerns. But if REAP convinces Alaska's regulatory commission to rule in its favor, the company won't have a say. Such a decision would effectively force Chugach to give the green energy group "the actual electricity consumption habits of virtually every resident and business in Anchorage," according to the Anchorage Daily News.

The ordeal reflects the left's ongoing attempts to stifle the use of natural gas, which nearly 60 million Americans use to heat their homes. In some liberal states and cities, including New York, Democratic lawmakers have moved to ban natural gas hookups in new buildings, effectively forcing the long-term phase out of fossil fuels. ...
More at Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is there something in these peoples' diet or pharmacopeia that makes them think this way, or is it just mass delusion?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

To make up for the lost natural gas BTU's, us New Englanders will have to cut down more trees and kill more whales to stay warm during Winter.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Is there something in these peoples' diet or pharmacopeia that makes them think this way, or is it just mass delusion?
They've been fed a steady of diet of BS climate hysteria since childhood, I suspect. Mass delusion is the obvious result.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They can use the blubber for heating oil.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Guess I've never heard of an activist group having the right to regulatory authority. Under what law and regs exactly?
The Republic is lost.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Guess I've never heard of an activist group having the right to regulatory authority. Under what law and regs exactly?
CARB in CA? Composed entirely of appointed political hacks, none elected.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
CARB in CA? Composed entirely of appointed political hacks, none elected.

Not sure these guys are even appointed. Self-appointed maybe.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

They've been fed a steady of diet of BS climate hysteria since childhood, I suspect. Mass delusion is the obvious result.

It really is obvious to those standing without... But try to tell anyone standing within... It can't be done.

It really is an amazement, this mass delusion.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Not sure these guys are even appointed. Self-appointed maybe.
True...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They can use the blubber for heating oil.
Edwin Drake, 1859, saved the whales.

(without proof oil could come from a well, the last of the whales would likely have been burned in a lamp on Beacon Hill before the end of the Civil War)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis