Author Topic: RFK Jr. says Rand Paul would be ‘incredible successor’ to Mitch McConnell  (Read 565 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr. says Rand Paul would be ‘incredible successor’ to Mitch McConnell
February 28, 2024 | Harold Hutchison

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky would be an “incredible successor” to Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky in a post on X.

McConnell announced in a Wednesday floor speech he would step down as the leader of Senate Republicans in November, but would serve out his term in the Senate, which ends in January 2027. Kennedy, a longtime environmental advocate, suggested McConnell’s fellow senator from Kentucky, as the replacement.

“Mitch McConnell, who has served in the Senate for almost 40 years, announced he’ll step down this November,” Kennedy posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “Part of public service is about knowing when to usher in a new generation. It’s time to promote leaders in Washington, DC who won’t kowtow to the military contractors or push us deeper into foreign conflicts.”

“We need representation who will prioritize American wellness over all else,” Kennedy continued. “I believe @RandPaul would be an incredible successor. He’s shown great judgment and has the grit to put hardworking Americans first.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/02/28/rfk-jr-says-rand-paul-would-be-incredible-successor-to-mitch-mcconnell-1441084/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Fully agree.  But it gives me pause it coming from this leftist.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Fully agree.  But it gives me pause it coming from this leftist.
I get the impression Bob is trying to be all things to all people. He's a leftist! He's a libertarian! He's two mints in one!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

No, not Paul. He's a firebrand. That's not what the job calls for... You need a mediator.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No, not Paul. He's a firebrand. That's not what the job calls for... You need a mediator.

When political discourse is mild, I'd agree 100%.

But we are at war, and I am tired of putting leaders up there who bring knives to gun fights
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :pondering:  Hmmm...here is another one

February 29, 2024
Bye, Mitch: Rand Paul for Senate Minority Leader
By Monica Showalter

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced his plans to exit his leadership position by November on Wednesday.

We can praise the good things he did, breathe a sigh of relief to that he had the good sense to get out before he became another Dianne Feinstein, and criticize him later.

The important thing is who will replace him in a year when President Trump is expected to retake the White House.

According to Politico, three names have emerged:

The Kentucky Republican isn’t stepping aside until November, but three potential heirs have long loomed large in the Hill’s calculus. Somewhat confusingly, all three are white men named John: Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.), former whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) and GOP Conference Chair John Barrasso (R-Wyo.).

For the moment, very few GOP senators are declaring their preferred McConnell successor. Asked which of the “three Johns” he favors to become the next Republican leader, Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) spoke for many on Wednesday by chuckling and replying only, “good question.”

I like Barrasso, and the other two are a mix of pluses and minuses.

But one name being bruited about, on Twitter and among the punditocracy, is not on that list but generating a lot of interest is ... Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

Hell, yeah.

What a perfect gift he would be for getting the Republicans back on track -- and in the majority, too.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/02/bye_mitch_rand_paul_for_senate_minority_leader.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

But we are at war, and I am tired of putting leaders up there who bring knives to gun fights

To the contrary - MurderTurdle was highly effective. Just against Conservatism. He moved the Moderate agenda with art and style. The a**hole was damn good at it. He moved corporate globalism forward, and kneecapped anyone who got in the way.

What you need is a wheeler-dealer like him, only serving Conservative interests.
That ain't Paul.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pointing up to Catfish' "at war" post as well, Bigun...!