Author Topic: JUST IN: Army Envisions Legions of Autonomous Logistics Robots to Deliver Supplies  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Army Envisions Legions of Autonomous Logistics Robots to Deliver Supplies
2/27/2024
By Stew Magnuson   

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Army Futures Command’s relatively new Contested Logistics Cross-Functional Team now has a rough technology roadmap to follow and one of its goals is to deploy autonomous robots in the air, land and sea to deliver supplies in war zones.

Rob Watts, the team’s deputy director, said the concept includes autonomous aircraft, trucks and boats that would distribute everything from water, fuel and ammo and hand them off to each other without soldiers needing to intervene.

A small autonomous boat might land on a beach where the supplies are then loaded onto a ground robot, he said at the National Defense Industrial Association’s Tactical Wheeled Vehicles Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/2/27/army-envisions-legions-of-autonomous-logistics-robots-to-deliver-supplies
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson