Author Topic: February Red Sea recap: A busy month for Navy against Houthi attacks  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
February Red Sea recap: A busy month for Navy against Houthi attacks
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Feb 29, 05:00 AM

The Navy endured a hectic month of engagements with Iran-backed Houthi militants in the Middle East, defending against a steady stream of nearly daily attacks, including what officials said was the first observed use of an underwater attack drone by the Yemen-based group.

As of Wednesday, U.S. forces destroyed, or tracked the firing, or the intent to launch in February of at least 23 anti-ship ballistic missiles, 61 anti-ship cruise missiles, 17 surface drones, three mobile land attack cruise missiles and 60 air drones that the Houthis launched or were prepared to fire, according to a tally of incidents announced by U.S. Central Command, as well as reporting by Military Times and The Associated Press.

American and allied forces at least twice during the past month — on Feb. 3 and Feb. 24 — led multinational coalition strikes against Houthi targets in Yemen as well.

https://www.militarytimes.com/newsletters/daily-news-roundup/2024/02/29/february-red-sea-recap-a-busy-month-for-navy-against-houthi-attacks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson