Author Topic: Huge Boost To Army’s Air Defenses Planned In New Force Structure  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Huge Boost To Army’s Air Defenses Planned In New Force Structure
A new Army force transformation plan puts major emphasis on long and sorely needed added air and missile defense capacity.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED FEB 28, 2024 3:29 PM EST
The US Army has announced major planned changes to its overall force structure that includes a significant boost in air and missile defense capacity with a focus on counter-drone and counter-cruise missile capabilities.

The U.S. Army has laid out plans to significantly expand its air and missile defense units, with a particular focus on counter-drone and counter-cruise missile capabilities, as part of a larger restructuring of its forces. This reflects U.S. military concerns about these and other aerial threats that have been growing for years now. This is also a major turn-around for the service, which has been very much playing catch-up with these threats, as The War Zone has highlighted in the past.

The Army released a white paper earlier today that details various force structure changes it plans to implement between now and the end of the decade. The force structure transformation includes completing the standing up of five Multi-Domain Task Forces (MDTFs). These task forces will include air and missile defense units, as well as ones equipped with new long-range missile systems, including hypersonic types. They will also have new electronic and cyber warfare systems and other advanced capabilities. Additional air and missile defense units separate from the MDTFs are set to be established.

The Typhon system, elements of which are seen here and that is capable of firing multi-purpose SM-6 missiles and Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles, is one of the key components of the Army's new Multi-Domain Task Forces.

The Typhon system, elements of which are seen here and that is capable of firing multi-purpose SM-6 missiles and Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles, is one of the key components of the Army's new Multi-Domain Task Forces. U.S. Army

https://www.twz.com/air/huge-boost-to-armys-air-defenses-planned-in-new-force-structure
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson