Author Topic: US Army Aviation pivots its force posture to meet near-peer threats  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army Aviation pivots its force posture to meet near-peer threats
With plans to pursue the new FLRAA platform and divest 150 Black Hawks, the US Army revealed its intention to pivot its force structure back to 2004 levels.

John Hill
February 28, 2024

The US Army Aviation branch revealed it is restructuring its future lift fleet to match near-peer threats as it seeks to strip away the counter-insurgency posture cultivated over the last two decades in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Presently, the US Department of Defense acknowledges it must outmatch regimes militarily as they seek to challenge the so-called ‘Rules-Based Order’ – espousing national sovereignty and liberalism on the world stage – in which it identifies China as a “pacing threat,” alongside Russia, Iran and North Korea.

Fundamentally, the transition will see the US Army take a step backwards, returning to 2004, pre-Iraq surge levels.

https://www.army-technology.com/news/us-army-aviation-pivots-its-force-posture-to-meet-near-peer-threats/
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:36:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson