Author Topic: Nationwide squatter epidemic turns homes into havens of illegality  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nationwide squatter epidemic turns homes into havens of illegality
02/28/2024 // News Editors

The ease of finding vacant properties online, combined with state laws that favor squatters, is leading to a dramatic rise in squatter-occupied homes across the United States, turning them into centers of criminal activity.
(Article republished from YourNews.com)

The issue of squatting, where unauthorized individuals take over vacant homes, is intensifying across the United States, driven by the ease of identifying such properties online and further compounded by state statutes that complicate eviction efforts. This problem is pronounced in several areas, with the Atlanta region experiencing squatters overtaking an estimated 1,200 homes, as reported by the National Rental Home Council (NRHC). In extreme cases, homeowners have resorted to financially incentivizing squatters to leave their properties, and incidents have emerged of squatters running an illicit strip club from a commandeered home. Matt Urbanski, who manages a local home-cleaning company, voiced his apprehension to Bloomberg, “I’d be terrified in Atlanta to lease out one of my properties.”

Further complicating the matter, 1 Time Payment Homes, a company, has been promoting its services on social media, claiming to assist individuals in finding squatter homes in Atlanta for a fee. They offer keys to a squatter home for $1,400, advertising it as an opportunity to “stack money and turn ya life around.”

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-02-28-nationwide-squatter-epidemic-turns-homes-havens-illegality.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson