Author Topic: Surrounding cities to Denver: We can't afford to take your migrants  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Surrounding cities to Denver: We can't afford to take your migrants
Story by Tom Gantert • 18h

(The Center Square) – The city of Denver became a target of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott with its sanctuary city status and Texas has bused more than 16,400 migrants to the Mile High city.

Now, some surrounding Colorado cities are saying that they aren’t equipped financially to deal with Denver’s influx of migrants that they claim Denver is sending their way.

Aurora’s city council passed a resolution this week during an animated meeting “demanding” that other municipalities stop busing migrants to their city.

That comes after the mayor of Colorado Springs released a statement Jan. 31 that said “we will not invite this crisis into our city” after the first bus of migrants allegedly from Denver arrived in El Paso County a few days earlier.

City officials from Colorado Springs and Aurora have pointed the finger at Denver for not alerting them the sanctuary city was busing migrants to their cities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surrounding-cities-to-denver-we-can-t-afford-to-take-your-migrants/ar-BB1j3sYG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=81f6d4c16e2a4260a2d99712eb479a06&ei=62
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson