Author Topic: “Turning the Tables”: Many Appear to Follow the McCaskill Rule on the President’s Use of False Story  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Turning the Tables”: Many Appear to Follow the McCaskill Rule on the President’s Use of False Story

We recently discussed the call by MSNBC contributor and former Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill for the media to stop fact checking Joe Biden before the election. Some in the media appear to have gotten the McCaskill memo in running the false story repeated by Biden in his interview this week on NBC.  What is particularly striking is that the President is again being accused of spreading disinformation, the very basis used by his Administration to censor critics and groups. His Administration even pushed LinkedIn to bar those who have spread disinformation.

President Joe Biden’s interview on “Late Night With Seth Meyers” has produced the usual diametrically opposite reviews. On the left, he was witty, spontaneous, and fun. On the right, he was wooden, scripted, and feeble.

However, there is a new controversy over the President repeating a debunked claim that his leading opponent, Donald Trump, cannot remember the name of his wife. He was not alone. The usual media outlets repeated the false claim and then refused to correct their false stories.  It follows a familiar pattern of media adopting the most absurd interpretation of remarks while ignoring the obvious meaning.

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/02/28/turning-the-tables-many-in-the-media-appear-to-follow-the-mccaskill-rule-on-the-presidents-latest-use-of-false-story/#more-216224
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson