Author Topic: BREAKING>>— Mitch McConnell to step down as Senate Republican leader in November  (Read 2456 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BNO News
@BNONews
·
34s
JUST IN: Mitch McConnell to step down as Senate Republican leader in November - AP
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 05:39:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz
·
2m
We’ve now 86’d:

McCarthy
McDaniel
McConnell

Better days are ahead for the Republican Party.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
3m
Fantastic news. RINO  Mitch McConnell is stepping down as Senate GOP leader. I am happy. He was a big-time Trump hater. Good riddance.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm guessing Thune to replace him...
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

BNO News
@BNONews
·
34s
JUST IN: Mitch McConnell to step down as Senate Republican leader in November - AP

Happy Happy Happy!!!!! happy77 happy77 happy77 :beer: :beer: :beer: :hands: 999wine :cheerlead: :cheerlead:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I'm hoping not.  He is equally as liberal.  9999hair out0000

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mitch will crawl in bed with the chineese in December
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Unfortunately he's going to finish his 'term' which doesn't end until 2027.  I'm hoping for someone conservative to take his place; Cruz, Paul, perhaps Scott (not my favorite but more conservative).

The dramatic decision, which will set up a leadership election in the GOP conference with several likely candidates, comes as Republicans have expressed increasing discontent with McConnell's handling of the bipartisan border bill and national security supplemental package that included aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

Though McConnell will not be GOP leader after this year, he said he will finish his current senate term, which ends in January 2027.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mitch-mcconnell-stepping-down-republican-leader

Offline libertybele

I thought he already had.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm hoping not.  He is equally as liberal.  9999hair out0000

My reasoning is that Thune wanted to retire but somebody talked him into running again this fall...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I credit McConnell with getting judges through and appointed to the SCOTUS...but that's about all...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Why won’t McConnell resign his leadership position now?

Because he wants to use his power to sabotage Trump, keep the border open, and funnel money to Ukraine for the next 8 months.

Why is McConnell planning to resign in November and not when the new Congress is sworn in?

He doesn’t want newly elected senators having any say in who his replacement is.

McConnell is corrupt to his core. He needs to resign now.
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

MAGA Fatigue claims another establishment Republican.  Good riddance.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline ScottinVA

While it’s fashionable in conservative circles to blast away at McConnell, let’s not forget it was McConnell who kept that reprehensible A-hole Merrick Garland from a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.  He also did a stalwart job shepherding through Trump’s judicial nominees. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
While it’s fashionable in conservative circles to blast away at McConnell, let’s not forget it was McConnell who kept that reprehensible A-hole Merrick Garland from a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.  He also did a stalwart job shepherding through Trump’s judicial nominees.

Agreed...I acknowledged that up thread..
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Mitch McConnell is responsible, along with the Globalists and the American Chamber of Commerce, for the global ascendancy of Communist China.

Blocking Merrick Garland was the right thing to do.  That guy is a castrated Keebler Elf.

The judges were red meat for the Religious Right.  They got their money's worth from McConnell.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

That may be, but his leadership has been awful and destructive to the Republican party.  He was especially destructive when McCain was alive; neither deserve a pat on the back.  McConnell leaving the party can't come soon enough.  He'll be lurking in the Senate till 2027 -- he'll continue to side with the DEMS for whatever kickbacks come his way.

Offline roamer_1

I don't think he's got it left in him. He's headed to the porch to go poop himself.

He's got a tick, and he's skipping time. He's got the walkin farts too.
He's all done.

Offline roamer_1

Likely... And the Moderate beat goes on...
If it goes to a significant Conservative I swear my heart will skip a beat for the hope of it...
But that ain't gonna happen.

Offline roamer_1

That may be, but his leadership has been awful and destructive to the Republican party.  He was especially destructive when McCain was alive; neither deserve a pat on the back.  McConnell leaving the party can't come soon enough.  He'll be lurking in the Senate till 2027 -- he'll continue to side with the DEMS for whatever kickbacks come his way.

That's right. Ol MurderTurdle has crapped out more conservative campaigns than anyone, I do believe. A direct enemy of Conservatives.

I will dance a jig when he's gone.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien