Author Topic: The obvious reason behind Trump's undying political strength is somehow still dumbfounding ignorant  (Read 150 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The obvious reason behind Trump's undying political strength is somehow still dumbfounding ignorant Big Media elites
Michael Goodwin
7–9 minutes

It is not my habit to read Paul Krugman’s screeds, much less recommend them, but every dog has its day.

And Krugman’s latest piece commands attention because of what he inadvertently reveals about elite ignorance.

Under the headline “The Mystery of White Rural Rage,” the New York Times columnist approvingly cites a book that details the decline of rural America.

Spoiler alert: Technology gets the blame.

But Krugman, an economist, quickly adds, “I still don’t get the politics” of rural Americans, and later writes, “I still find it hard to understand” recent voting patterns.

What he means, of course, is that nearly nine years after Don­ald Trump came down that escalator to launch his first campaign, Krugman still hasn’t figured out the source of the former president’s enduring political strength among people living in what ­media masters call “fly-over” America.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/opinion/the-obvious-reason-behind-trumps-undying-political-strength-is-somehow-still-dumbfounding-ignorant-big-media-elites/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34