Author Topic: Harvard’s antisemitism task force proves to be a total joke as another leader resigns  (Read 2286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Harvard’s antisemitism task force proves to be a total joke as another leader resigns
By Post Editorial Board
Published Feb. 27, 2024, 12:17 p.m. ET
Harvard’s effort to root out antisemitism has officially entered Keystone Kops territory.

Business prof Raffaella Sadun, appointed co-chair of the troubled task force just last month, abruptly resigned over the weekend — reportedly because the task force’s mandate doesn’t include any high-priority changes to actually combat Jew-hatred.

The remaining co-chair, meanwhile, is Derek Penslar, an Israel-hating historian who claimed that the problem of Jew-hatred at Harvard had been exaggerated by “outsiders.”

And don’t forget the earlier resignation of world-famous Rabbi David Wolpe from the task force, explaining on X that the “system at Harvard” — and “the ideology that grips far too many of the students and faculty” and that “places Jews as oppressors” — is “itself evil.”

https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/opinion/why-harvards-antisemitism-task-force-is-a-total-joke/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 02:27:36 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

Unless you’re going to be a doctor or a lawyer, there is no reason to go to a university anymore

Universities are turning out some of the most ignorant crybabies the world has ever seen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Your tax dollars at work, via student loans and Government grants.

Congress should prevent the use of Federal monies to subsidize hate.

DOJ should investigate hate groups on US Universities since they receive Federal monies.

The only way to hurt universities is to hit them in the wallet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

Joke's the same, only the jokesters change.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Unless you’re going to be a doctor or a lawyer, there is no reason to go to a university anymore

Universities are turning out some of the most ignorant crybabies the world has ever seen

It is just expensive 4-5 years of daycare for a lost generation of underachievers and future welfare queens.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

"I know these students. I sit in class with them. I share study halls with them. They publicly praise Hamas."

https://twitter.com/EdWorkforceCmte/status/1763310337279811840
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

That's a shame.
     Mar 29, 2024
Harvard sees decline in applications after anti-semitism scandal, ban on affirmative action
Harvard received 5 percent fewer applications than last year, but admitted .17 percent more prospective students.
Jarryd Jaeger, The Post Millennial

On Thursday, Harvard released data for its 2024 intake, revealing that of the 54,008 applicants, 1,937 were granted admission. While the low acceptance rate is nothing new, what is notable is the fact that the number of prospective students hoping to study at the university went down to levels unseen since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The news comes following months of scandals involving university leadership, discrimination on campus in the wake of Hamas' October 7 massacre, and the Supreme Court's ruling that banned affirmative action policies.

According to the New York Post, Harvard received 5 percent fewer applications than last year, but admitted .17 percent more prospective students.

The Harvard Gazette buried the fact that the number of people hoping to study at the storied institution had declined, noting only that, "this marks the fourth consecutive year Harvard has received more than 50,000 applications." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org