Author Topic: Clyburn: ‘Food Prices Are Up,’ But Medicine Is Down  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: ‘Food Prices Are Up,’ But Medicine Is Down
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:07:45 pm »
Clyburn: ‘Food Prices Are Up,’ But Medicine Is Down

Ian Hanchett 28 Feb 2024

On Tuesday’s broadcast of NewsNation’s “Cuomo,” Biden Campaign Co-Chair Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) acknowledged that “food prices are up” under President Joe Biden, but the price of medicine is down, there are jobs being created, and infrastructure improvements.

While discussing the campaign, host Chris Cuomo said, “The counterargument is, no, I’m getting killed at the grocery store, Congressman, I’m getting killed at the grocery store on Biden’s watch. I’m getting killed with inflation. And, on the culture side, half your party is crazy. And I feel that so much that I believe I can pick off some of these black female 40s, 50s, culturally conservative voters that feel there has not been delivery for too long on the Democratic watch. Do you think there’s any chance that that happens? And if so, can you still win?”

Clyburn responded, “I don’t think that’s going to happen, simply because I don’t think the facts are being discussed properly. Let me give you one you just mentioned, yes, food prices are up, but the price of medicine is way down. My late wife struggled with diabetes for 30 years. I saw her insulin bill, $800 a month sometimes. Now, for everybody on Medicare — and she was on Medicare — that’s going to be capped at $35 a month. So, if you look at the total picture, then you’ve got to look, we’re getting jobs we’ve never had before, black unemployment is at the lowest it’s been in over 40 years. That’s a fact. And you look at the cost of medicine, now, you can negotiate — Medicare can now negotiate for the price of medicine. So, food prices may be up on the one hand, the price of medicine, way down on the other. Jobs are being created. We are seeing chips under the CHIPS and Science Act. Everywhere you go in South Carolina today, and Joe Biden didn’t carry South Carolina, but South Carolina has benefited big time from Joe Biden’s policies and they know it. Every highway that I cross these days [has] got work being done. The bridges are being repaired and we are seeing jobs being created.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/28/clyburn-food-prices-are-up-but-medicine-is-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Clyburn: ‘Food Prices Are Up,’ But Medicine Is Down
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 02:54:05 pm »
"A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down"  If you can afford to buy sugar.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 03:15:16 pm »
His statement reminds me of that time the White House bragged about the price of hotdogs being down $.16 from the previous year even though they still were at record high
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 04:12:42 pm »
Electricity prices haven't fallen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 04:26:11 pm »
What medicine prices have dropped, and for who? Giving a example of a medicare recipients insulin being capped at $35, not yet but will be?, doesn't really speak to the millions of no medicare Americans who are paying high prices for insulin because that's one of the Trump initiatives cancelled by Brandon because...Trump? because payback to some supporter? And what about all the high priced medicines Americans have to pay for because of the crappy insurance they have because of Bammycare?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 04:31:57 pm »
Pure deflection.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus