Author Topic: Houston police claim code error led to 264,000 criminal case suspensions  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Houston police claim code error led to 264,000 criminal case suspensions
The Houston Police Department's investigation into dropped sexual assault cases has now been expanded to include about 264,000 more cases.
By Allyson Ackerman
Feb 27, 2024

Houston Mayor John Whitmire came out Monday against the Houston Police Department's handling of thousands of police investigations that were suspended due to faulty computer codes.

"I am very concerned. It is unacceptable and I have instructed Chief Finner to be transparent and continue his review as a top priority," Whitmire said in a statement on X. "Public safety continues to be my highest priority."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-police-suspended-cases-18691675.php
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 02:03:46 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Houston police claim code error led to 264,000 criminal case suspensions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 02:06:38 pm »
Small comfort to the victims.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 02:25:27 pm »
Small comfort to the victims.

Victims? Who cares about victims if you can claim that the crime rate is falling in your city?

Signed, Sylvester Turner ex mayor
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 12:26:13 am »
Victims? Who cares about victims if you can claim that the crime rate is falling in your city?

Signed, Sylvester Turner ex mayor

Isn't that the truth!!

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 12:30:33 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.