Author Topic: Here are the winners and losers in US Army’s force structure change  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here are the winners and losers in US Army’s force structure change
By Jen Judson
 Feb 27, 03:05 PM

A prototype Maneuver Short-Range Air Defense Stryker is positioned at the edge of a wood line during the exercise Saber Strike in Poland on Feb. 24, 2022. (Maj. Robert Fellingham/U.S. Army)
The U.S. Army has unveiled a whitepaper detailing how the service plans to shrink the force in some places and grow it in other areas.

The document’s release on Tuesday comes as the Army continues transitioning from counterinsurgency missions to large-scale combat operations against technologically advanced adversaries, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth explained at a Feb. 27 event in Washington hosted by the Defense Writers Group.

Force structure changes are also necessary, she said, because the Army is working through a massive modernization effort involving a wide variety of new capabilities coming online now and over the next two decades.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2024/02/27/here-are-the-winners-and-losers-in-us-armys-force-structure-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson