Author Topic: National Guard Grounds All of Its Helicopters Following Apache Crash in Mississippi that Killed 2  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
National Guard Grounds All of Its Helicopters Following Apache Crash in Mississippi that Killed 2 

Military.com | By Steve Beynon
Published February 27, 2024 at 3:55 pm

The Army National Guard has temporarily grounded all of its helicopters after back-to-back AH-64 Apache helicopter crashes this month, one of which was fatal for the two pilots.

Last week, an Apache crashed in northern Mississippi, killing its two-soldier crew. In a separate incident Feb. 12, there was another Apache crash near Salt Lake City, Utah. Both pilots survived, a rarity in rotary-wing aircraft crashes.

"We are a combat force with helicopters training or on mission worldwide every day," Lt. Gen. Jon Jensen, director of the Army National Guard, said in a statement Tuesday. "Safety is always at the top of our minds. We will stand down to ensure our crews are prepared as well as possible for whatever they're asked to do."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/02/27/national-guard-grounds-all-of-its-helicopters-following-apache-crash-mississippi-killed-2-soldiers.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson