Author Topic: B-52 Stratofortress Damaged After Engine Fire  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-52 Stratofortress Damaged After Engine Fire
« on: February 28, 2024, 01:11:41 pm »
B-52 Stratofortress Damaged After Engine Fire
The B-52H’s engine fire comes as the fleet is preparing to be re-engined, an upgrade that will allow the type to serve for decades more.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED FEB 26, 2024 7:11 PM EST
A B-52 bomber made an emergency landing at Minot Air Force Base on January 23, 2024, due to an engine fire. The fire was subsequently put out an the crew of the aircraft was unharmed in the mishap.

A U.S. Air Force B-52H bomber made an emergency landing at Minot Air Force Base North Dakota recently due to a fire in one of its eight TF33 engines. The fire was successfully extinguished on the ground and none of the crew members onboard were injured in the mishap.

Officials at Minot confirmed to The War Zone that the incident occurred and that the mishap is now under investigation.

The full statement we received from the base's public affairs office is as follows:

A United States B-52H Stratofortress bomber from Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota performed an emergency landing at approximately 12:52 a.m. February 23, 2024, at Minot AFB, North Dakota due to a single engine fire.

None of the crewmembers were injured and the Minot AFB Fire Dept. arrived on scene and extinguished the aircraft fire.

https://www.twz.com/air/b-52-damaged-after-engine-fire-emergency-landing
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson