Author Topic: Forty years of trust in science drops after pandemic  (Read 588 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forty years of trust in science drops after pandemic
« on: February 28, 2024, 10:26:40 am »
Forty years of trust in science drops after pandemic
By Jo Nova

The brand-name of science is being trashed
Trust in science continues to fall. The disillusionment with the Covid response has spread to science in general. Anthony Fauci said “trust the science” then showed us how untrustworthy science was. SARS-2 definitely wasn’t a lab-leak, except it probably was; the vaccine was 95% effective, except everyone caught covid, and the data was world’s best practice but the FDA fought tooth and nail to stop us seeing it until 2076.

These results are terrible: despite respondents being surrounded by hi-tech cars, phones, food and gadgets which were all impossible without science, only 57% of people now think science has has a “mostly positive” effect.  That’s 43% of the population who now think science hurts us as much as it helps (or is even worse).

The good name of science, created by two generations with antibiotics, satellites, and the moon-landing, has been exploited by name-calling parasites.

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/02/forty-years-of-trust-in-science-drops-after-pandemic/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=forty-years-of-trust-in-science-drops-after-pandemic
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson