Author Topic: Adams calls for change to New York City's sanctuary city laws in harshest statement yet  (Read 256 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Adams calls for change to New York City's sanctuary city laws in harshest statement yet
Story by Emily Ngo • 10h

“I want to go back to the standards of the previous mayors who I believe subscribe to my belief that people who are suspected of committing serious crimes in this city should be held accountable,” Eric Adams told reporters at City Hall.
“I want to go back to the standards of the previous mayors who I believe subscribe to my belief that people who are suspected of committing serious crimes in this city should be held accountable,” Eric Adams told reporters at City Hall.

NEW YORK — Mayor Eric Adams seeks to return New York City to an era of laxer sanctuary city policies, saying Tuesday that he wants migrants “suspected” of major crimes turned over to federal immigration officials.

His call for a rollback of the rules — his clearest criticism yet of laws collectively protecting people from deportation — won immediate praise from Republicans who have railed against illegal immigration.

“I want to go back to the standards of the previous mayors who I believe subscribe to my belief that people who are suspected of committing serious crimes in this city should be held accountable,” Adams told reporters at City Hall.

Asked about due process for anyone accused of a crime, the mayor added, “They didn’t give due process to the person that they shot or punched or killed.”

Sanctuary city policies adopted under former mayors Ed Koch and Michael Bloomberg in part allowed police to hold those arrested and charged for longer so U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement could lodge a detainer on them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/adams-calls-for-change-to-new-york-city-s-sanctuary-city-laws-in-harshest-statement-yet/ar-BB1j03wl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ff56963228bf4d079e568b9c1b585745&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I can't wait to see what AOL has to say! 00drama
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson