Author Topic: Democrats realize their sanctuary city policies were a mistake By Kaylee McGhee White  (Read 556 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats realize their sanctuary city policies were a mistake
By
Kaylee McGhee White
February 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Footage earlier this month of an illegal immigrant flipping the bird at reporters after being arrested and then released following the assault of a police officer in New York City perfectly summed up the dilemma sanctuary cities such as New York find themselves in. Over-eager to prove their liberal bonafides, these cities have welcomed and protected thousands of criminal immigrants who just so happen to realize they can flout the law without consequence. And now they’re stuck with them.

Perhaps it is this image that is forcing Democrats to admit that preventing immigration officials from removing illegal immigrants who pose a threat to their communities may have been a mistake. New York City Mayor Eric Adams, for example, insisted this week that the city’s sanctuary policies, at the very least, must be modified “so that if you commit a felony … we should be able to turn you over to ICE and have you deported.”

Adams has learned this the hard way. The city has experienced a significant crime spike, a good portion of which is tied to the illegal immigrants flooding its streets. New York shelters for illegal immigrants have had to enact curfews and install cameras in an effort to control the violence that regularly breaks out. Officials are even considering installing metal detectors in the facilities as well.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/faith-freedom-self-reliance/2890148/democrats-realize-their-sanctuary-city-policies-were-a-mistake/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

To the tune of at least $1 Billion a year to the Massachusetts state budget.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe the Pols know, but who's going to tell their Low Information voters?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

The mistake isn't the policies.  It is the failure of the Biden regime to compensate them for their handouts that is the mistake.  If the federal government would bankroll their policies, they wouldn't have any problem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Democrats are not realizing that their sanctuary city policies are a mistake

They’re just upset because they’re feeling the effects. As long as they could declare themselves sanctuary cities, but states like Texas had to bear the brunt of the policy, they were cool with it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy